Knowledge base

Send an e-mail0513 84 54 91

Frequently asked questions

Should I save train and bus tickets if I travel to work by public transport?

If it has been agreed that you will receive travel reimbursements based on public transport, you should save the original train, tram and bus tickets. You have to submit these tickets together with your weekly declaration form to your intermediary. Only then will you receive reimbursement. If you receive a fixed reimbursement per day, you do not need to save the tickets.

What does the identification requirement mean for me as an employee?

Everyone in The Netherlands has to be able to identify himself at his place of work. That is why you always have to bring a valid form of identification with you to work, such as a valid passport, ID card or driving license.


When will I receive my salary?

Holland Payroll pays salary based on the registration of the hours you worked, or the hours according to your contract. You will receive this salary every 4 weeks. Depending on the agreements made you will also receive compensation for any made expenses such as commuting expenses.

Click here for the 2018 payment dates.

How much travel reimbursement will I receive for commuting?

The reimbursement depends on the distance from your home to your work. For each kilometre travelled by the employee, the employer can reimburse 19 eurocent tax free, regardless of the mode of transport used. A fixed reimbursement amount per day is also possible. Your Posting Agreement will say if you receive travel reimbursement and the amount you will receive.

I am going to move, can I provide my change of address over the phone?

Changes in your personal details (address, change of surname (marriage), change of bank details) should be communicated to us in writing. The easiest way to do this is by filling in the ‘Employee Change of Details form’.

I am unable to enter my hour’s declaration in Flexonline. Why is that?

This often means (one of) the following details are missing: signed contractual agreement, income tax declaration or a copy of your ID card. As soon as we have received all the necessary documents you will be able to declare your hours.

Will I always receive travel reimbursement for commuting?

There is no legal obligation to reimburse travel expenses. Holland Payroll and/or your hirer are not obligated to pay your commuting costs. Many Collective Labour Agreements contain arrangements regarding travel expenses. Some clients will give their employees a standard travel reimbursement, whilst others will reimburse bus, train and tram costs.  If you work according to your hirer’s remuneration, you, as a temporary worker, will receive travel expenses according to the hiring company’s standards, as far as Holland Payroll is allowed to pay these travel expenses in net and the expenses made are necessary for the fulfillment of the job role.

Will I receive a pay slip

Every time your salary is paid, a pay slip is created. On it you can see the final pay (including benefits). You will also be able to see how many hours you have worked and how much tax and social security contributions have been deducted from your pay. Lastly, the pay slip will show the (gross) amount of holiday pay, brief absence and the amount of annual leave days you have accumulated. Holland Payroll will not send out pay slips, but these can always be requested and downloaded from the web portal.

My gross hourly wage is not correct, who should I contact?

Holland Payroll uses the salary details provided by the hirer. If the amount is incorrect, the best thing to do is contact your hirer.

My hirer will extend my contract, but I have yet to receive a new contract. What should I do?

Holland Payroll can inform you if your contract renewal has been passed on to us. If it has not yet been passed on, you should contact the hirer.

Who can I contact if I have a complaint or a problem?

If you work with us, you may encounter problems at one stage. Needless to say, the first thing to do is talk to your hirer about the problem. If the problem persists, you should contact your contact person within Holland Payroll.

What compensation will I receive if I have to travel for work?

If you use your own car at the hirer’s request and it is needed in order fulfil your job duties, an employer may pay a mileage allowance for every kilometre; under the condition that you keep a record of the exact mileage, the addresses of the companies you visit and the date. You will find the form on which this must be filled in under the heading “Employee” and then “Forms”. The reimbursement is 19 eurocents net per kilometre.